Re: Some NAMELIST tidying up

On Saturday 04 December 2004 20:25, Paul Thomas wrote:
> The comments in the patch give the reasons.

Maybe so, but you still need to supply a ChangeLog entry.
See http://gcc.gnu.org/contribute.html

It's also useful if you can give example(s) of the problem you are fixing.
Where appropriate this should include bugzilla PR numbers and self-contained
testsuite entries. If the patch is purely a cleanup, with no behavioural
changes, you should say so explicitly.

>  PRT 22/11/2004    */

Please remove markers like this before submitting the patch. We have CVS
history to keep track of where things came from.

>+/*        case '/':
>+I do not believe the above to be correct
>+It should be the same as &end        PRT  11/22/2004  */

Old code should be removed, and not left commented out. New code should
contain sufficient comments to explain why it is the correct thing to do. If
this still doesn't make it clear why the old code is wrong, the additional
explanation should go in the body of the email.

Please also CC gcc-patches@gcc.gnu.org when submitting patches.

I realise the list of requirements can seem large at first, but they do make
life easier for everyone in the long run.

Paul