Re: Standard Libraries for gfortran

On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 05:27:51PM -0500, Steven G. Johnson wrote:

> First, there is no point in spending much effort optimizing your matmul
> if distros are just going to swap in a fast BLAS anyway.  Just keep it
> small and simple.

Are you sure that optimize BLAS libraries are available
on *all* platforms that GCC supports?  Are these optimize
BLAS libraries free?

This whole thread on add-on libraries is way too pre-mature.
gfortran can't pass the NIST F77 testsuite.  gfortran can't
pass the LAPACK test programs (with netlib's BLAS).  There are
60+ nonstandard g77 intrinsic subprograms that need to be
implemented for backwards compatibility.  At this point in
time, we should be worried about making gfortran work.

--
Steve