Internal Compiler Error

All,

I've simplified the piece of code that is giving me an internal compiler error down to just a few lines. Is this a known issue? I'm not a Fortran programmer, so I really don't know a whole lot about what I'm looking at. I'm trying to help my wife get some code compiling under gfortran that runs on Suns Forte F90 tools.

If this is a known issue, is this something that is actively being worked, or is there a known workaround?
Thanks
Matt

module test_mod

      INTEGER IPT(36)
      INTEGER L(3,12)
      equivalence (L,IPT)

end module

$ gfortran test.f90
test.f90:0: internal compiler error: backend decl for module variable ipt already exists