Re: [gfortran] Change libgfortran license to GPL+exception

Tobias Schlüter wrote:

Jeffrey A Law wrote:

All the libfortran maintainers are supposed to know all of this... :-) so it isn't meant to controversial. In addition, the library reviewers really should catch this sort of thing _before_ oking work, not after. :-( It is always more painful after.

That didn't lead anyhere. What would you suggest as the right way of solving
this problem?

Yes, the problems revolved around the fork. As my analysis shows, it happened just before the fork that Andy put in his routines with the GPL applied to them.

I'll write something up for the Steering Committee - that might take some days.

--
Toon Moene - e-mail: toon@moene.indiv.nluug.nl - phone: +31 346 214290
A maintainer of GNU Fortran 95: http://gcc.gnu.org/fortran/