Re: LAPACK further results

Jerry DeLisle wrote:
> Using -O2 -malign-double:
>
> sdrvst.f takes a very very long time to compile.  It does eventually
> complete compiling, but something on the order of a minute.

I looked into that a few weeks ago. Most of the time is lost when the compiler
verifies the validity of its symbol tables. This runs much faster if the
ocmpielr is built with '--disable-checking'

> [ infinite loop ]
> Some internal math error could simply be preventing the solution from
> converging?

Maybe. Unfortunately, without a reduced testcase we'll have a hard time
finding the problem, and I know that reducing LAPACK tests is very difficult.

> Any suggestions for further testing here.

Try -ffast-math. That should change convergence behavior. I would also be
interested in how it affects number of failures.

Thanks,
- Tobi