RE: task for lurkers on the list

At 07:22 PM 9/21/2004, Billinghurst, David \(CALCRTS\) wrote:

From: Bud Davis

> we haven't had a status report or any bug's reported from running
> LAPACK in a while.
>
> we need this done for linux/i686, one of the BSD's, and CYGWIN..

I can't build on cygwin. Can't get a working MFPR library.

gmp-1.4.3, configured as specified on the gcc page, built and installed with no trouble on my cygwin, and gfortran built on it with no trouble back then. Since then, so many internal errors have come into the gcc/gfortran testsuite that I don't see any point in LAPACK. The list of errors is too big to post more than extracts, as I have been doing. It looks like there is no longer support for cygwin, if there ever was intended to be. The gcj build gives a "command too long" failure, and I have not found any way to bypass the unsupported pch feature. The last gfortran version which appeared fit to install was 20040905.

Tim Prince