Re: What about PR 13257?

Janne Blomqvist wrote:
>>(I don't understand why resolve_dt would come into play here, but it's been a
>>while since I looked at this bug and decided that it's not as simple as it
>>seems, so I asume you're right)
>

> You're correct, unfortunately. Fixing this bug entails recognizing
> what is probably meant by the incorrect format and then generating
> code for it. Changing the error to a warning is just a triviality
> after that. :(

I was wondering the other day if it would make sense to rewrite the format
parser in bison/yacc. The handcoded state automaton is awful to debug and a
maintenance burden, as the same grammar is reproduced in the library. It
should then be possible to use the same code in the library and the compiler
for the parsing. Ideas? Takers?

> I will now return to my regular hiding hole.

Wow, nowadays they have internet everywhere.

- Tobi