Re: fortran/patch to PR15364: support printing of array fields in derived types

On Tuesday 14 September 2004 09:25, Victor Leikehman wrote:
> Steven Bosscher wrote:
> > If I understand your patch correctly (you don't comment the
> > code much ;-), we now treat CHARACTER arrays:
>
> Printing of CHARACTER array fields is supported since my patch
> from 2004-04-24, (http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2004-04/msg01654.html),
> which introduced printing of scalar fields in derived-type variables.
>
> That support remained essentially unchanged, except that I moved the
> old code from place to place to adapt it to the introduced support of
> array fields.

Hmm, I see what you mean now.

> > There really should be more comments in the code...
>
> You are definitely right. I will do my best to improve the situation.

With more comments, the patch is OK.

> As of dull variable names in test cases, I invite everybody to contribute
> their suggestions.

I mean the actual naming of the test cases:

test.f90, test2.f90, test4.f90

they're, uhm, well, like, not very descriptive :-)
It should be a little easier to tell from the test case name
what the test is supposed to be testing for.

Gr.
Steven