Re: stick addressable constants into the constant pool

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 11:26:26 -0700, Richard Henderson <rth@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 02:06:05PM -0400, Jason Merrill wrote:
>> IIRC it uses fb_either because we can take the address of struct rvalues.
>
> How does that make sense?  Perhaps the front end should be creating
> a temporary, which then has its address taken?

This happens in C++ with code like "f().g()", where f returns by value.  I
believe it also happens in C, but I don't remember how.  I believe that
always making the return slot an explicit temporary would solve all cases.
Are you working on that, or shall I?

Jason