Re: subnormal numbers?

On Saturday 12 June 2004 19:02, Steve Kargl wrote:
> Does gfortran do anything special with subnormal numbers?

No. I think the runtime library routines handle them properly, although there
may be some bugs. The compile time arithmetic doesn't even do correct
rounding, let alone correct handling of subnormal numbers.

Subnormal are outside the range of defined values, so are technically illegal
(Section 7.1.7). I suspect we already report underflow for these values.

Paul