Re: Artificial front-end variables?

Andrew Pinski wrote:
Another PR that comes to mind (PR12840):
m = SUM((/ (m+1,m=0,order) /))
-> t = (/ (m+1,m=0,order) /); m = sum(t)

There was one for matmul (13152) but I closed it as a dup of bug 12840 because I thought
it would be cured when PR12840 was also fixed.

Ah, I remember that. I thought they were separate, because the compiler takes quite different ways until it hits that failure, so I didn't think of them as dups. In the SUM case, the frontend expands the function when generating the GENERIC trees, so it is much more likely that the actual bug, which later causes the problem, is in the SUM expansion than that the bug is in the scalarizer. But I didn't think about this enough (and it could be that there is an enhancement to the scalarizer which fixes both) to want to override your assessment.

Thanks,
- Tobi