Re: [gfortran] patch for pr14942 -- list directed I/O

On Sun, Apr 18, 2004 at 06:45:57PM +0100, Paul Brook wrote:
> On Friday 16 April 2004 03:07, Bud Davis wrote:
> > This patch corrects the specific examples listed in the PR. It
> > does not break anything else I am aware of, but I doubt if list
> > directed I/O works 100%, it just works better :)
> >
> > Change Log
> >
> > 2004-04-15  Bud Davis <bdavis9659@comcast.net>
> >
> > 	PR fortran/14942
> > 	* io/list_read.c (read_real,read_complex,read_integer
> > 	read_logical): continue reading when encountering a
> >         separator.
> > 	* io/list_read.c (list_formatted_read): continue after
> >         a separator.
>
> This looks wrong. If we do find a seperator we need to loop back to the start
> of the function, not keep going. This is particularly obvious in the logical
> case, where we use v uninitialised.

I can confirm that the patch does not fix all cases of list-directed
IO.  This patch permits the lapack testsuite to procede beyond the
original failure point to a new list-directed IO failure.  My wrong
patch for save_length was generated while I tried to determine the
the cause of the new failure.

--
Steve