Re: Arrays of strings

On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 08:51:21AM +0100, Helge Avlesen wrote:
> Paul Brook <paul@codesourcery.com> writes:
>

> | There's also http://gcc.gnu.org/fortran/todo.html, but it's a bit out of date
> | now.
>
> also interesting is how much of Andy Vaughts code can you utilize? I have
> been playing with his executables now and then. and from my impression
> most of the items on the gfortran todo list is already implemented?
> maybe the fastest track towards a full featured compiler would be to
> re-apply necessary changes done to gfortran after the fork, to a
> current snapshot of andys code?  featurewise his io library seems
> almost complete, same for arrays of strings and many other features.
> he has e.g. got the best approach to system_time I have ever seen, and
> also floating point exceptions, command line arguments like f2k etc
>
> I am just a mere fortran user so pardon my ignorance on the difficulity
> of doing something like this.
>
> --
> Helge

We can use zero new code from Andy without great pain.  The last three
code drops by Andy on sourceforge have purposely obfuscated the code
via gratutious variable renaming and gratutious code motion (ie.,
re-arranging the order of functions in a file).  As an example, look
at Andy's 124 line file bbt.c.

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/g95/g95/bbt.c

evision 1.4 - (download), view (text) (markup) (annotate) - [select for diffs]
Thu Dec 18 06:19:54 2003 UTC (7 weeks, 1 day ago) by andyv
CVS Tags: HEAD
Changes since 1.3: +124 -124 lines
Diff to previous 1.3

12/17/03

Revision 1.3 - (download), view (text) (markup) (annotate) - [select for diffs]
Mon Aug 11 05:21:21 2003 UTC (5 months, 3 weeks ago) by andyv
Changes since 1.2: +120 -120 lines
Diff to previous 1.2

`8/9

Revision 1.2 - (download), view (text) (markup) (annotate) - [select for diffs]
Mon Jul 28 18:22:55 2003 UTC (6 months, 1 week ago) by andyv
Changes since 1.1: +145 -130 lines
Diff to previous 1.1

7/28

--