g77 compability ..

 I have some questions regarding the g77 compability, mainly about the handling of libs and such.

 Is there a consensus on how to handle g77 library calls ? Are we to keep libg2c ( or what it's current name is  ), or provide calls to libgfortran instead ? ( it's not to hard to map most g77 library calls to g95 ones ).

 And is this not one of the highest prioritized tasks ahead ? If we can't handle this I believe there will be major problems with old g77 code when gcc 3.5 shows up ?

 There are more issues, as when linking g77 to external libs and to C stubs accessing external libs and this is a common method used in a lot of old code.

 If this is bad enought should we not have a separate g77 compability page or g77 task list ?

 / regards, Lars Segerlund.