Re: [rfc] rewrite of local equivalences

Richard Henderson wrote:

I'm somewhat concerned that there are almost no test cases for
equivalence in the test suite, so I have no idea what happens
here for corner cases.

Indeed - g77 contained an error for years dealing with the following code:

      DIMENSION A(10), B(10)
      EQUIVALENCE(A(5),B(10))

i.e., where the start of the equivalence wasn't with the first item in the list, but the second. This is also the major bug to look out for if you think "equivalences are just like common blocks".

GNU Fortran 95: http://gcc.gnu.org/fortran/ (under construction)