Re: (j3.2003-1015) Re: FW: FORTRAN

Aleksandar Donev wrote:

[ For those in the reply that don't know, Aleks is a Fortran
  Standardisation Committee (J3) member. ]

Toon Moene wrote:

The compiler that's described on these pages will be released with GCC
release 3.5 (which we expect by the end of 2004).

I had meant to ask you something Toon: Recently the US government labs announced a 5 million grant for someone to make a public domain Fortran 95 compiler. Did GNU participate in the bid, and maybe got the money? It would be great if it were so and g95 were really on its way.
Thanks,
Aleksandar

A Beowulf seller also approached me with this question. I don't know anyone on this list to be involved, but then, I might be wrong.

Thanks for alerting me to this (do you have specifics - I assume we can look up the exact request-for-submissions somewhere on the web ...)

Cheers,

GNU Fortran 95: http://gcc.gnu.org/fortran/ (under construction)