Re: max-stack-var-size

I'm also CC'g the list. Others may have views on what the optimal behavior
is.

On Monday 10 November 2003 11:29 pm, you wrote:
> There's another thing I just found out: on PPC, if the stackframe is >16
> bits offsets, the generated code is _extremely_ poor....
> Perhaps the patch should be reconsidered.

I'd say this was an argument for the patch, abeit maybe with a smaller
default. The current code is better than before the patch in this respect.
I don't know if there is any justification for the current default limits.

Given the behavior you describe, maybe 4k (the page size on x86, dunno about
PPC) would be a better default?

At one point I started implemeting a per-stackframe limit, but it started
getting messy so I didn't bother.

Paul