Re: [tree-ssa] diagnosing switch errors

On Thursday 30 October 2003 6:05 pm, Richard Henderson wrote:
> So I went looking to see what Java and Fortran do.  And I can't
> see that we check for duplicate case labels at all.  Am I correct
> in this, or have I missed something?

This is done much earlier on by gfortran. See fortran/resolve.c
(resolve_select/check_case_overlap). By the time we generate trees for the
switch we already know all the cases are valid. Fortran needs to be able to
do switch statements for character (ie. string) variables, so checking at
the GENERIC/GIMPLE level probably wouldn't gain us much.

Paul